Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Spring Drive

Yesterday I took a drive up the Old Mission Peninsula with my dad to take some pictures of the beautiful cherry blossoms. They aren't quite at their peak yet but here is a sneak peak of all the beauty that we have up here!

(p.s. SHHHHH! It's Dad's 50th today so make sure to give him a big birthday shout out!)

These blossoms were on Kroupa Road on Old Mission. This image has definitely been PS'd (photoshopp-ed for you non-editing people) but I love the delicate blossoms and the way they cluster together. Plus I was playing around with different techniques!


We stopped near another orchard by the Peninsula Grill on Center Road and I loved the contrast between the yellow ground cover and the white blossoms. This orchard smelled like heaven!


I've always loved magnolia blossoms. They are so dramatic yet so fragile at the same time. If you barely breath on them their petals brown. I just so happened to catch this great light streaming through the branches.


Here's that same magnolia tree in all it's glory. I loved the way the petals were just translucent enough to let light come in and the contrast between them and the dark espresso brown branches. Where the blossoms and the sky met they almost melted together.

No comments: