Sunday, May 4, 2008

Anthropologie



For those of you not familiar with the above I am not referencing a branch of history which studies the art, kinship and practices of man... on no... I am referring to the fabulous clothing store that's simply amazing! Yes, I must say that just starting a company is not conducive to such luxury but I can still drool over to-die-for cloths! This is the first catalog, aside from JCrew, where I can say without a doubt, I would order every single item if I could... especially the strapless green dress inside the front cover. He he!

And, just for that little extra (which they do so well) there are quotations from famous novels in a segment of the catalog. I thought I'd share one with you not only because the editors of this marketing piece liked it, but it also happens to be a great love story about the destructive powers of romance. Not to mention, it is such a fitting line for the coming of summer and the arrival of the warm tranquil breezes I've come to love so very much.

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky; watched the moths fluttering among the heath and hare-bells; listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass; and wondered how anyone could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

If you'd like to know the novel click here!

No comments: