Thursday, May 8, 2008

Somewhere in between...

This week has been the busiest weeks of my spring. I've become pretty good at balancing the five different activities/jobs I've got going and I think it's helped lead me to a realization. One that I was in dire need of. About a month ago Kyle and I had a fairly large discussion about how anal I am with the caring of our home. I would make sure that no dishes were ever left in sink, the counters were always clean and clutter was absent... non existent... zilp... zich... nada! I was taking time away from us and from the important things in life to clean! Who does that?

How could something so simple as being "too busy to care" really help me not be so anal? Well it's not that I don't care, it's simply that there are more important things to take care of. After a long day of "work" instead of sweating how clean or tidy the house is Kyle and I enjoy our evenings together. Instead of thinking, "I should have the dished started and the laundry folded," I'll get to it when I get to it. Plus my office isn't finished yet and where else am I going to nurture this new company? (Maybe my dad would rent me a space in his studio!)

Some of you might be thinking eww, does she even clean? Yes, yes of course. If you haven't met my Mom I could see one asking this question. But for those of you who've come to know and love Gail, know me better than to ask such a silly question like that!

So with all the hustle and bustle, coming and going and lack of storage/space I've adapted. I can't take full credit... He's got a lot to do with it!

Now here's what our counter looks like! Pay attention to the toothbrush that's on the counter and last night's Red Mesa container!

No comments: