Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day weekend

I couldn't believe it... yesterday was gorgeous here, sunny, warm and wow! It was awesome, then around 5:30pm or so the temperature dropped and this morning it was a balmy 38 degrees when I left the house!

Well enough of my indirect complaining this was a great weekend. My aunt and papa (grandfather to those who don't know the lingo) came up for a visit. We ate, laughed and worked our tails off! Our lawn and gardens are finally taking shape and they look great!

This weekend we also celebrated my dad's birthday again with a few "larger" gifts from everyone. Like his 350 lb. table saw that was kept in our garage for two weeks!

Andrew, Kyle, Dad and Aunt Sue opening his surprise!

I also went to watch my dearest Tina and her hubby run the half marathon at the Bayshore this past weekend. They finished in under 2 hours and Tina demonstrated the latest in running fashion... we thought she looking like something else!

The Mazzolas!


Tina's _ _ _ _ _ outfit! :)

Lastly, with the sunshine and warm(er) temperatures we picked some of my second favorite flowers- lily of the valley. (FYI, my favorite flower is the Peony, more particular the Sarah Bernhardt variety.) They conveniently grow in my parents back yard as well as between their home and our neighbors. If someone could actually mimic the scent of these tiny little blossoms that would be great... so far all the scents I have smelled are hardly like the real ones!

Lily of the Valley

Okay, it's off to run errands and get my house back in order! Have a great day!

No comments: