Saturday, May 10, 2008

Line study

The last time I really "played" with my camera was when we were in Colorado... it's been a while! The other day I had an hour or so to fool around downtown and I headed to the pier. I was adjusting different light settings and modes along with trying to channel the spirits of the great photographers and focus on what I was seeing through my lens! Here's a sample of my little photo shoot!

I started with the rocks and boulders around the break wall.


For this shot I was playing around with my aperture, looks like it was a little over exposed!


The water inside the harbor was calm and the "Outrageous"-ness of it made for an interesting shot. (The sailboat's name is Outrageous.)


The water was so blue and inviting... but so cold! There's Power Island.


On my way back to the parking lot I turned around and took this picture... pretty need texture and imagery, lots of linear design here!

No comments: