Saturday, February 23, 2008

Two true inspiring women

Kyle and I got married May 19th, 2007. Not only did that Day In May mark the beginning of the rest of our lives, but it was also the day I made a wonderful friend. Jen Kroll and I met via the web when I was searching for a wedding photographer. After endless hours of web surfing I came across her site and was immediately taken. You could tell by looking at examples of her work that she was an amazingly strong, loving and faith driven women. And her photos...they were simply breathtaking. At that moment I knew that she was the one who was going to create the most lasting and precious memories of our wedding.

Jen, her husband and two adorable boys Ethan and Carter live in Grand Rapids, about two hours south of Traverse City and this past January my mom and I ventured down to her studio to look at our wedding album. Since that day in May was so chaotic my mom and I didn't really spend time with one another a whole lot. After looking through our photos we did not have a single "portrait" of the two of us! (I know, how could a daughter do that to the one who gave her life? It wasn't intentional and neither of us really thought about it at the time.) When we got to Jen's studio she graciously took a couple pictures of us to add to the wedding album! Here are samples of the pictures and a link to Jen's blog where they were originally posted.

Thank you Mom for being such a good sport! And thanks to you Jen for being such a kind friend and for these lasting memories!









1 comment:

TRS said...

Write a tribute to the inspiring women in your life - mothers, grandmothers, sisters, aunts, teachers, friends, colleagues or any inspiring woman, and help fund innovative women’s programs. Visit www.tributefund.org to read featured tributes, and also to send a tribute to as many women as you would like. Makes a unique birthday, thank you or just-because gift. Tributes are posted, and gift notifications are sent instantly!