Sunday, February 17, 2008

Ice Storm

Here are a few pictures I took this afternoon at our home. I woke up to rain this morning and thought for sure all our snow would be gone, and it would be 40 degrees outside- that's happened twice already this winter. Much to my dismay it was 28 degrees and Traverse City was a giant popsicle! Even though this made travel virtually impossible at speeds over 10 mph the scenery was breathtaking. Enjoy the pictures and Happy Sunday!

These little blooms are from one of our birch trees. They are encapsulated in ice, like a caterpillar in a cocoon.


The rhododendron plant buds out early getting ready for spring. I think the resemble tiny dancers (not Tony Danza's)!


Finally one of our white pines was dressed to the nines with Mother Nature's tinsel! The temperature was warming when I took this picture and the heavier pieces of ice had started to fall sounding like breaking glass.

No comments: