Wednesday, August 13, 2008

We live in paradise

You'd think I'd have more "free time" not working at the course in the summer right? Absolutely not! My office is at home therefore my home is my office thus working is continuous. Oh no, don't think I am complaining for one moment... you will know why sooner than later!! (I am a great surprise maker and secret keeper, hehe)

This has been just as, if not a busier summer for Kyle so one weekend morning we decided to make a day out of enjoying God's playground, a summer vacationers haven, our home.

The Sleeping Bear National Lakeshore has some of the most picturesque coastline I've ever seen, and trust me I've seen my fair share. From California, to Hawaii, BWI, USVI, Cote d' Azur and the Liguria coast... Sleeping Bear is just as magnificent in it's own right. So we headed to one of our favorite spots, North Bar Lake. In high school this was the place to beach it- you could run from the sand dunes down to the shore, jump on a trampoline and dive into the water because the shoreline fell away 6 feet into the water! Now there are ropes and posts protecting the dunes but I will never forget the time I slipped on the trampoline face planting into the sand!

It was a perfect, I mean perfect summer day. Great breeze, comfortable air and water temperature and not too much traffic earlier in the afternoon.

Don't you love the pretty signs... please tell me... how do you "preserve" dunes?


North Bar Lake.


The little creek bed connecting Lake Michigan to North Bar... great for skim boarding.


US Coast Guard patrolling the lake shore.


Dune grass is so beautiful!


Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lake Shore.


I swear I didn't edit this photo... natural beauty at it's finest!


I love the look of this shot with the beach umbrellas.


Kyle enjoying some reading and relaxing... this was a great day!

No comments: