Sunday, August 10, 2008

Set the world on fire



Kyle and I have been attending Bay Pointe Community Church for almost two years and this past spring when my career path changed I was able to serve on our programming team. Our worship leader, Joe Horness gave a great message this morning on walking in step with the Holy Spirit and what that means in his life and in our own lives.

This week I have danced, walked, ran away from and embraced the Holy Spirit. There has been loss, grief, rejoicing, happiness, nervousness, excitment and joy. And this morning I said a simple prayer... "Lord be with me this morning as I direct this service in your name, I've had a lot on my mind and plate lately and I need your help."

I gave my heart to God shortly after I met Kyle and ever since then I am constantly amazed by the blessings he has given me and my family. Not a day goes by where my heart isn't touched by His grace. Now back to the prayer- here comes the funny part of my relationship with the Big Man upstairs. I listened for a response and before I knew it for some reason I was singing the bridge from Chris Brown's Forever, "I won't let you fall, I won't let you fall, let you fall..."

So right there, my prayer was answered! He knows that I love music and that I've let go many a times to this song with my wooden spoon and dishtowel... you all remember that post!

At BP, we had great rehearsals with one more to run before 8:30. It was a song from our student ministry group that just returned from South Africa. I don't know if the song will be on the podcast (visit itunes, search Bay Pointe Community, and subscribe for free to the teachings each week) but I am going to try and get a clip for you. It was an incredible piece. It was raw, it was real and it was God's children worshiping their hearts out- way to go!

So back to the Holy Spirit... set the world on fire with your love, your patience and your kindness. You will dance, you will fall but when you do His arms will be there to welcome you home.

No comments: