Thursday, April 10, 2008

Where has Alicia been?



Hi everyone! Don't worry, I am alive! I have been MIA from the blogsphere, I completely apologize for my absence. You are all probably wondering where I've been and what in the world I've been up to. In a brief, yet descriptive, narrative I will fill you in...

During and after my last post on Easter I was just overcoming the flu but then developed a horrible case of strep throat and proceeded to live in pain for three more days till I dragged my non-health insurance butt to the doctors. Thankfully my doctor is amazing and gave me some antibiotics and within a couple days I was feeling better. I never thought that your throat could feel that bad!

After the second sickness I was, and still have been, building my empire! Haha, well my business of A Day in May. I was guided to a great website template company called Blu Domain that have awesome templates at great prices= two of my favorite concepts. So for two weeks I've been looking around and scoping out other planners to get ideas and hopefully this coming week I will purchase my site and ADIM will be online! Yippee! To help get recognized I've continued my work with Melissa's Aunt Pam who owns Wine Country Weddings and Events and The Vineyard Inn as their "exclusive event planner." She's been great with helping me tap into the local market.

Alongside ADIM, I've been working again with the Traverse City Junior Golf Association and it's director Bob Lober. I was once a Junior golfer back in the days and Mr. Lober is a huge supporter of golf in the area and making it accessible and affordable for any junior that wants to play the game. This year happens to be the 25th anniversary of the non-profit organization and I am honored to be helping. Carrie Calcutt can attest to all the fun we used to have in junior golf... twizzlers and boys were a great excuse to get up a 5:45am in the summer!

Lastly I have joined Lee Houtteman in teaching golf at the Jim McLean Golf School at the Grand Traverse Resort and Spa for the summer. (Make sure to check out my bio!) So not only am I seeking new wedding/event clients but I'm building my student base for teaching! I will be the women's and children's instructor for his company and I will be offering group and private lessons. I wanted to pursue a career in the golf industry after spending two summers at Boyne with Jim Flick- a master professional who's taught the likes of Jack "the Bear" Nicklaus and Tom Lehman and roomed with Arnold Palmer at Wake Forest. I am really excited and looking forward to spending more time on the teaching tee this summer!

So yah... I've been busy! Plus I've been helping Malasia plan her wedding, shopping for printers, designing my business cards, sending proposals,taking care of my hubby and getting back in a well needed gym routine. Please accept my apology for being absent and it's nice to be back! Buena sera xoxo

No comments: